Never were so many artists and designers trained and was so much art and culture produced as is today. For artists and designers, it is important to envision and position their own artistic identity within that overwhelming multitude, as a key to success.
The artistic identity in a design or artwork is defined by the artists unique way of looking. It refers to a collection of individual or collective, social and spiritual, neurological and psychological conditions or approximations of reality, and comes through association in a subconscious way. It shows itself through a sensitivity to certain creative choices, concerning the subjects and the manner of elaboration (colour, surfaces, shapes, …). It is often only after a full portfolio, created over years, that this viewing image is envisioned.
In this class we go in search of that specific identity image of each participant. We explore the reasons behind visual or technical choices and what these creative
choices reveal semantically and psychologically.
- What is Artistic Identity?
- How to determine Artistic Identity?
- Who am I and is this identity expressed in my work?
- Is my Artistic Identity changing over time?
- What is changing exactly?
- How to get more insight in my intuitive expressive language?
- Where does my work stand in relation to that of my fellow creatives?
- How to define a pathway for future creative work?
- Understand the psychology behind creative solutions.
- Connect your work with your individual self.
- Gain more confidence in your creative choices.
- Get insight into the viewing images of artists.
- Define a pathway for future creative work.
In-company: 1600 € /day*
If you are a Belgian company, you can recover up to 40% of your education costs through the “KMO-portefeuille”.
*VAT not inclusive