Visually communicating, both in print and interactive design, is a challenge in a globalized world. Problems of unfortunate communication using incorrect colours, symbols and style, do not only occur on a large scale, between continents or religious culture blocks, but also when a language border is exceeded. Human values can also be different within the same culture. In short, all these culture groups have their own values that manifest themselves in specific visual preferences and reading patterns.
In this class we start from eight primary cultural parameters that form the basis of a cultural profile. These parameters are then translated into colour, shape, symbol, interaction and style through the method of design semantics. In order to make this translation successful, a clarifying matrix is offered .
It is necessary to follow the basic course COLOUR, PSYCHOLOGY, EMOTION in advance.
- What are the eight primary cultural parameters?
- How to make a cultural profile?
- How to translate a cultural profile into a design and communication style?
- How to justify your cultural strategy scientifically?
- Get a grip on culture through its parameters.
- Learn to translate a cultural profile into a design and communication style.
- Get started with a professional methodology.
- Justify your cultural strategy scientifically.
In-company: 1600 € /day*
If you are a Belgian company, you can recover up to 40% of your education costs through the “KMO-portefeuille”.
*VAT not inclusive