At a time when experience becomes important, texture gets a growing attention in design. Texture brings an additional touch and feel besides shape and colour. With textures you can equally bring people into a mood. Colour and texture form one whole and speak the same language. As a designer, in-depth knowledge about the psychology and the emotional effect of this powerful visual language is more important than ever. Addressing these new challenges in design is to learn how to create emotions with shape.
This fundamental class is based on scientific research into the psychological and emotional effects of the specific parameters of texture language. The synaesthetic connection with colour is fundamental. A professional methodology ensures that participants get a grip on this fascinating subject.
COLOUR & TEXTURE is the follow-up to COLOUR, PSYCHOLOGY, EMOTION. It is necessary to follow this basic course in advance.
- How does the psychology of texture work?
- What are the essential texture parameters?
- What emotions are generated by specific textures?
- What is the synaesthetic relationship with colour?
- How to justify your intuitive choices scientifically?
- Get insight into the psychological and emotional parameters of textures.
- Apply colour to textures synaesthetically.
- Get started with a professional methodology.
- Justify your intuitive choices scientifically.
In-company: 1600 € /day*
If you are a Belgian company, you can recover up to 40% of your education costs through the “KMO-portefeuille”.
*VAT not inclusive